Farewell, Clare Farrand!
After four and a half years of working with us as Senior Project Manager and Public Health Nutritionist at The WHO Collaborating Centre on Population Salt Reduction, Clare Farrand has moved to WHO EURO to support work on salt reduction. Clare travelled to Sydney to join the George Institute for Global Health in June 2015, having previously worked with Consensus Action on Salt and Hypertension in London.
During her time with us, Clare contributed to several important programs and strategies including:
- establishing the WHO Collaborating Centre website and contributing to the newsletter;
- travelling to and supporting several countries on salt reduction, including Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Mali, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Vanuatu;
- co-ordinating and contributing to media for annual Salt Awareness Week events;
- supporting the WHO to develop and disseminate its SHAKE Salt package for salt reduction;
- supporting the Victorian Salt Reduction Partnership Intervention in Australia; and
- regularly contributing to the media and social media to raise awareness about the need to reduce salt.
Clare has made an important contribution to our program and to the global efforts on sodium reduction. We wish her the very best in her new role at WHO EURO and look forward to continuing to collaborate into the future.
To stay up to date with Clare’s work, follow her on Twitter: @clarefarrand